Thursday, October 1, 2009

Pumpkin Flowers and More on Soccer

I will start off by saying that I have the complete opposite of a "green thumb". In fact, I would say that I have a "black thumb", everything I try to grow.....dies. Even my children have made comments when I have purchased plants saying, "Let's see how long it takes for this one to die." Now that's bad! I am pretty proud of myself though. I have a plant that I bought last Mother's Day and it is still alive! Now I won't mention how many times I almost lost it, or how bad it might look right now. The fact is, it's still alive! I'm also pretty proud of the pumpkin plant we have growing in the backyard. Yes, we planted it way too late. And no, it probably won't produce pumpkins because of how late it is. But just look at these awesome pumpkin flowers!
Now on to soccer. Leah's very first day of soccer was this past Sunday. Imagine watching a handful of four year olds kicking the ball around trying to get it in a goal, any goal, even if the goal is on another field on the opposite end! Cute! She said she enjoyed it and can't wait for her next game. Here she is taking a quick water break. Note the big mark on her face? Yeah, she ran into the molding of the bathroom door running away from one of her sisters. It was one of those cries that takes a long time to actually come out. You know, mouth opened but no noise coming out and then....blahhhhhhhhh! Yep, that's gonna leave a mark.
Here she is on the field of her first game.


Now check out Rebecca. Both feet off the ground I mean! Go girl, kick that ball!

5 comments:

Dad said...

You got your black thumb from your mother.

Mary Lou said...

Come on Donielle. Your thunb can't be that black. If your Mother's Day plant is looking a little sickly, give it some Miracle Grow and I bet it'll perk right up.

That's an awesome picture of Rebecca kicking that soccer ball. Way to go Rebecca! Looks like she's really got her game on!

Wendy said...

You may have baby pumkins by Halloween! LOL

I loved when Mark played soccer.
I think it was the weather I liked the best, not so hot. Sam is playing fall ball and it has been a little too hot for fall ball so far. Hoping it will cool off soon.

Keri said...

I can't wait until Caleb is old enough for organized sports. I can't imagine a better way to spend a fall afternoon!

Kelly said...

I have a black thumb too! I hopeless with plants and flowers! I love the soccer pics! Are the girls playing in RR? My brother coached Cole's team last year, and Cole begged to sit on the bench! LOL Dave said, never again! HA! But, my niece, Caitlin loves it!