Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My little cowgirls

The girls and I have been so busy with school, all of the fieldtrips, dance and soccer that it was great to have a fun family weekend. Jimmy was off and the only thing besides soccer that we had planned was family time! Yay! Friday we took life easy (after I cleaned out all of our dresser drawers) and the girls stayed up and watched Disney. Saturday night was the Sugarland concert we had been waiting so long for. We stayed the night with Jimmy's brother and his wife since we would be in RR again Sun. morning. Sunday we went to church, ate lunch and off to Rebecca's soccer game. From Halifax County, through Northampton County, to Hertford County for a game!! In case you didn't know, we spend a lot of time in the car! Anyway, we had a great weekend. This was the girls first concert and I was really excited about taking them. We left Leah with my sister since we thought she was too little. We got there in time to walk around some before Kelly Pickler came on. Then it was Sugarland! Hannah surprisingly didn't last long out there. She was sooo tired that all she wanted to do was go to bed. Jimmy ended up sitting with her under the tent for most of it. She laid her head on the table and watched the concert on the big screen. Hannah said that if the concert was during the day she would have stayed out there with Rebecca and I. Rebecca on the other hand...she had a blast singing, dancing, clapping and hollering! I'm not sure if she was having that much fun or if she was just so exhausted that she was silly. Paul and Kim were with us, so when Rebecca finally got too tired Paul took her to the tent as well while Kim and I watched the rest. I thought it was a good concert and a family fun filled weekend.

Rebecca and Hannah
Climbing the tree at Paul and Kim's
See how tired she looks!
But not Rebecca!!

3 comments:

Michele said...

I know that concert was AWESOME!!! I heard there were TONS of folks there!

Kelly said...

We didn't see ya'll at the concert! I know the girls had a great time!

Judson's Mommy said...

Your girls are so cute! How was the concert.. I hate I missed that one, but I had fun at the beach.