Thursday, October 23, 2008

Today was sew sew




Our 4-H group is working on a community project this year which requires the kids (and me) to learn to sew. So, after our meeting yesterday which was all about sewing, the girls were anxious to do some more today. I am definitely not the person to try and teach them, but lucky for us, Jimmy knows way more than me. One of the kids was trying to put the thread through the needle AGAIN when he finally asked where the threader was. I was like, "What's that?" So low and behold he searches through my simple little sewing box and finds the threader and proceeds to show me what it is and how it works. I was extremely impressed! I'm glad someone in this house can teach the girls how to sew!

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Sounds like me and Phillip...he got Mama's sewing machine and has been sewing curtains and all sorts of stuff for him and Amy and I wouldn't have the first clue of how to use the dang thing.

Judson's Mommy said...

I think that is wonderful that they are learning at a young age. I am 33 years old,and I am doing good if I can sew my own buttons back on!

Kelly said...

Such a good Dad! I'm 32 and my Mama still sews on my buttons! LOL Good Luck with the sewing! The girls look like they are trying so hard!

H8NU said...

WOW, JIMMY SEEMS LIKE HE WOULD MAKE SOMEONE A GOOD WIFE! HE CAN SEW, CAN HE COOK? DOES HE LOOK NICE IN A DRESS? I BET HE DOES!

H8NU said...

wow, looks like jimmy would make someone a good wife! he can sew, but can he cook? does he look nice in a dress? i cant be married to an ugly woman, he has to look nice in a dress.

Donielle said...

Sorry Austin...he's taken. You'll have to find you another man! :0)

Amy said...

Donielle!!!

Wow, I saw your name and thought,no, it can't be....but it was!

Your girls are so beautiful! You look so happy. Seems like I should know the name Jimmy - high school sweetheart of college time frame?

Give me you email address so we can catch up!

Amy