Sunday, June 1, 2008

Our porch


Well, we've been living in this house for about 6 1/2 years and for everyone of those years our porch has been the place where we leave shoes (tons of shoes), toys, etc. We had a small table and two chairs out there where we would sit briefly. But over the last two weeks we finally made our porch an outside extension of our home (well, mainly Jimmy did!) Thanks sweetie! ;0) Jimmy and his dad rescreened the porch, then he painted it and put up a ceiling fan. We bought a rug, two storage benches for all of those shoes, and a new conversation set. I even bought some plants to hang. I hope they live longer than the last one I bought! This picture doesn't do it justice...you can't see everything. We LoVe it!! We now spend a lot of time out there. And it is so relaxing. Jimmy likes to go out there and play the guitar, and I like to go out there and just sit. The girls have done there homework out there some, and we've all played uno a few times out there. It really has become and outdoor living area. Our next project (or should I say Jimmy's next project) is putting together the girls new swingset. Might be a while before I have pictures of that. I hear from Shelley that it is crazy to put together. But here is a picture of the girls enjoying the slide in the back of the trailer. Who needs to put it together? Just let them continue playing like this, right?!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Men would never do something like that without a woman's guidance, so you are deserved of some credit! It looks really nice and I know ya'll will enjoy it.

Shelley and Such said...

I am SO impressed and SO jealous...a beautiful bug free outside area!~ And so inviting...
Good luck with the swing set, its not so much difficult, just time consuming! But don;t call me to help, JK, LOL!