Monday, June 9, 2008

Things I miss

about being pregnant. Well, after hearing the news of Mandy being pregnant and then spending some time with one of my good friends this afternoon who is pregnant, I couldn't help but think of all the things I miss most about being pregnant. NOT that I want another one, let me get that straight, but I do miss a lot of things about being pregnant. I loved being pregnant! So here they go in no particular order:
  1. the excitement
  2. not having to suck my stomach in around people :0)
  3. the first noticable kick
  4. thinking of baby names
  5. the anticipation
  6. letting people feel the baby kick
  7. watching my belly do the wave as the baby would roll over
  8. using my stomach as a table to eat off of (sitting on the couch, my stomach was the perfect spot for my cereal bowl!)
  9. ultrasounds (I loved seeing by baby girls before they were born)
  10. taking afternoon naps without the guilt
  11. having Jimmy rub my belly
  12. Jimmy and/or the girls kissing my belly and talking to the baby
  13. buying new little itty bitty baby clothes
  14. looking at newborn size diapers and wondering how in the world a person could be that small
  15. finally seeing a person, my baby, one I helped create, who is indeed "that small"

What was your favorite part about being pregnant? Please share!

2 comments:

Shelley and Such said...

ARE YOU kidding!???? Seriously Doneille, I knew you were a little weird but....I hated being pregnant! I liked "getting" pregnant and I liked the end result...you can have all that other stuff! LOL!

Tina said...

I agree Donielle..I miss being pregnant--I DO NOT wanna have another, but hsoe were the most amazing feelings a woman can have. Even with my health issues and carrying all summer both times, I can't say that I ever got the 'ready to be done with this' feelings that alot of girls get.. I wanted to savor those feelings.. After all, they are the ONLY nine months in your childs life that you really have control over them!! LOL! And you KNOW they are safe in mommy's belly. I did love it! both times..