Friday, August 22, 2008

First Homeschool Field Trip

Well today was our first official homeschool field trip of the year and what an awesome number of kids we had. There is a total of 21 kids in our group!!! I was really excited to see so many kids. My girls had a great time. Our fieldtrip was to the library. After the program we all went outside and had a picnic behind the library. The kids enjoyed running around and getting to know each other. I'm excited because our group will go on one fieldtrip a month and then we are also involved in the homeschool 4-H group which also meets once a month for either a program or a fieldtrip. And Monday is our official first day of school!!! I can't wait!

2 comments:

Michele said...

Sounds like y'all had a great time! I think it's wonderful that you will have field trips once a month. My cousin in Richmond home schooled her son and she always tells about the cool stuff that they did with the other home shooled children! I had no idea! That's awesome!

Mandy said...

I am glad to hear the girls will have interaction with other kids in the same program. I was a little worried they would miss out on the friendships they could develop in the schools, but it looks like that is covered. I hope you have a great year!