Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Homemade donuts (well kind of)

I made a couple of cakes Friday and had tons of icing left over. So Jimmy thought we should make donuts and let the girls ice them. Man, why hadn't I thought of that?? It brought me back to when I was a kid. I use to love doing this, but I never thought of icing them. Jimmy took the girls to lunch and then went by the store to purchase two cans of refrigerated biscuits. We took the biscuits out of the can, put them on a cookie sheet, used a bottle cap to cut out a small circle in the middle, then Jimmy fried them in the frydaddy. When they were done, the girls iced them and put sprinkles on top. Yummy!!! You could also make a glaze out of powdered sugar and a small amount of milk. Fry you up some donuts ya'll!

Jimmy cooking the dough The donuts before the icing

A sneak peak inside the frydaddy

The girls icing them. Oops, I see you Leah!



The finished product






4 comments:

Mandy said...

Thanks for this post! That really took me back to when I was a kid. Mama and I would make homemade donuts and glaze them with the powdered sugar mixture. They were always so delicious! You just reminded me of a great childhood memory!

Michele said...

How NEAT! I had never thought about doing that:-) You have made me want donuts NOW...LOL!

Judson's Mommy said...

Gosh, they do look YUMMY... I will have to try this at home. lol

Kelly said...

My Mama used to fix those for us when we were little. We loved them! The girls did a great job decorating! We always just dipped ours in powdered sugar!