Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hannah's Campout

Saturday night was Hannah's campout. I couldn't decide when to have it because I was not sure when I would start working. Finally I just scheduled it for Saturday night because Jimmy was off and he was fine with handling things in case I got home a little late. I told everyone to be there around 5:30, and wouldn't you know I didn't get home until after 8:00! Jimmy didn't mind a bit. Him and a couple of his buddies got everything set up for the night and kids started arriving about 6:00. By the time I got there they had already eaten dinner and had the campfire going. So as soon as I got home I showered and we started the smores. Those kids ate until they couldn't eat anymore! Some of them ate so much they had tummy aches later. Around 10:30 Jimmy and one of his buddies set off fireworks. It was 12:30 when all the girls finally fell asleep, and of course they were up when the sun came up. When we all got stirring Jimmy cooked breakfast outside so it was like we were at a campground. I'm thankful to my friend Kim who was there most of the time and took pictures for me since I missed the first couple of hours. She hasn't sent me those pictures yet, so these are the very few that I did get.

I hate I didn't get a picture of the whole set-up. Jimmy had a big tent for everyone to sleep in, then he set a small one up for me (which I ended up sleeping with all the girls). He also set up our canopy tent right in front of the big tent with a picnic table under it. This is a picture of the campfire next to the tents. I took this Sunday morning.

The girls are roasting their marshmallows for the yummy smores.

This was also taken Sunday morning. Mr. Charles drove all the girls around on his golf cart. Jimmy told me that he came by Saturday night and drove all 12 girls on the golf cart at one time! I wish I had a picture of that!


8 comments:

Michele said...

Looks like the girls had such a fun time! Love that golf cart pic...too funny all loaded up!

Anonymous said...

Oh to be a kid again....looks like so much fun.

Mary Lou said...

I know this was so much fun for all the girls! I have that same fire pit/stand and we love to sit out at night and roast marshmallows! Fun! Fun! Fun!!!

Wendy said...

Don't ya just love a good campout, the bonfires are my favorite1 Looks like a good time was had by all!

Mandy said...

Jimmy is such a great Daddy! What is it about Mr. Charles and overloading his "vehicles"? I remember going on Oregon Inlet with him when we used to all go for July 4th. He was the only one with 4 wheel drive and we were hanging off the side of his jeep holding on to the roll bars. Fun times! Glad Hannah had such a great night.

Kelly said...

Girl...you have been blogging!!! LOL I know the girls had the BEST time! Looks like a lot of fun!

Keri said...

What fun! I bet all those girls weren't noisy at all - hmmm, good idea on camping OUTSIDE!

Judi said...

What a fun time. You have a wonderful family.