Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Jimmy's Kittens

Jimmy, the one who doesn't care for cats, has now found a new love. Last week I told him that we ought to be having more kittens soon since the other cat was pregnant and looked like she would soon be having them. His response surprised me, and it surprised the girls too when I told them what he said. "Well good. I'm ready for some more kittens around here." I couldn't believe it. So I guess he got his wish when Saturday morning he woke up to three kittens and one more that came later. I started cleaning again this weekend, and when I left Saturday morning she came up to me meowing like crazy. I thought right away that she was going to have her kittens and I hated to leave. But later I forgot all about them while my friend and I chit chatted all the way to the beach. I called Jimmy when we got there and he told me all about the sweet things. As soon as he saw she had the kittens he started taking care of her. He moved her to our porch to keep the dogs away and started feeding her and giving her warm milk. Jimmy and the new mama cat have formed a bond! He makes sure he rubs her goodnight before turning in and checks on her first thing when he wakes up. She had four kittens, three orange and white and one black with a little gray and white. I think we have all agreed that if we keep one it will be the black one, so we have three more if anyone would like one! If so, let me know.
Look at this cute kitten all spread out! It looks like she just dove into her mama looking for milk.

5 comments:

Michele said...

Awww...I'm so glad y'all got more kittens and they are ok after the last episode. I know that girls are all so excited.

Mary Lou said...

Sounds like Jimmy's turning into and ole softie! Sure am glad these kittens are OK considering what happened last time.

Mandy said...

So sweet...but no kittens for me!

Kelly said...

Awww, such cute kittens! But, no kittens for me either! LOL

Judi said...

I have an orange cat and a black cat. They are great. There is something about orange cats they are very special. You should not have a hard time getting rid of them.