Monday, June 22, 2009

Can I get any busier?

With summer in full swing it seems we've only gotten busier. The girls have done two VBS's so far, and there are two more that they want to do sometime this summer. Hannah and I have been working on her 4-H presentation for several weeks too. The big day for her is tomorrow. We have to get up pretty early and head out to Hyde County (wherever that is). Tomorrow also begins Rebecca's art lessons, so Jimmy's mom is coming to watch Rebecca and Leah and take Rebecca to her class. Along with my summer job cleaning cottages on the weekends, I've also picked up a part-time job during the week. I'm planning on using my money to pay for all the curriculum I want to order for the girls next school year. There are a couple of things I want to get that are a little pricey. I ended up having to work both Saturday and Sunday this past weekend so I missed out on spending time with either my dad or Jimmy. But all was well because my dad and mom went camping for the weekend and Jimmy took the girls to the beach. Jimmy decided Friday night that he wanted to take them somewhere, somewhere fun. After coming up with different ideas he finally decided on the beach. So Saturday morning he called to book their room for Sunday night. He went to spend the day with his dad on Saturday and then Sunday morning he and the girls left for the beach. They had a great time! He took them to Jockey's Ridge, they swam at the beach and the pool, they played putt-putt, he took them out to dinner and icecream, and they went souvenier shopping! They even bought me a pretty coffee cup! Yesterday morning they went out on the beach again for a while before they had to return home. He sent me the sweetest message on my cell phone. It was a picture he had taken of the girls on the beach and under it he wrote, "We miss you mommy!" I loved it! In a way I'm glad I wasn't able to go because it gave them some really good quality time together, something that they don't get too much of. It was a Father's Day that they will always remember. Well I'm off to get ready for work now. Hope you all are doing well!

9 comments:

Jenn said...

Sounds like they had a great Fathers day! It is good just to give them some time to bond. I love when Josh takes the kids places without me (yes, a break IS nice, lol.) But they always come back with cute stories to tell about what a fun time they had.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I am glad Jimmy and the girls had a great time together. Sorry you had to work. David ended up working on Father's Day too, but it was for my dad and he still thinks we don't know how to do anything...LOL I wondered where you have been since I haven't seen any new posts lately.

Judson's Mommy said...

Sounds like they had a great time.

Wendy said...

That is so sweet! That's what Father's Day is all about!

Don't work too hard! Good Luck to Hannah on her 4-H project!

Mary Lou said...

Welcome back to bloggin! I wondered where you were. You HAVE been busy! I'm glad our Bible school is not until the end of July! Hey! Bring your girls to ours if they're interested!

Kelly said...

You have been busy! Sorry you had to miss spending time with Jimmy and your Dad on Father's Day, but it sounds like the girls got some fun, quality time with their Dad. He is such a great Dad! I know you are so proud!

Keri said...

Sounds like they had a great trip. I'm sorry you've gotten so busy, but I know it will be worth it when you have those items you want for school.

Mandy said...

How in the world did I miss this post? I know Jimmy had the best Father's Day ever with his 3 girls alone and I am sure the girls loved it as well. It brought tears to my eyes when I read they sent you a text picture. Jimmy is such a good husband and Daddy. Good luck with your Summer jobs and I hope you are able to get everything you want for the girls curriculum this school year!