Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Just another meal story

I've already mentioned that I do not care for cooking. So when I made a casserole two nights ago to have for lunch yesterday I was extremely happy. When Jimmy is on 2nd shift it's good to cook a big lunch and have a simple dinner so he could eat before he leaves. I knew cooking would be the last thing I would have to worry about that morning. So, the casserole got done around 10 pm or so, and I left it out until Jimmy got home in case he wanted a little before he went to bed. Around 11:30 I went on to bed and woke up at 7 am with that wide eyed "Oh crap" look. "Please tell me Jimmy put it away! Please tell me he saw it before he went to bed! Please!" When I neared the end of the hall I saw it. The casserole still sitting on top of the counter, waiting for me to cover it and put it in the fridge. Can you believe that? So I had to throw it all away and make another one for our lunch. I was SO mad!

9 comments:

Judi said...

That has happened to me before. Not fun!

Missy Glave said...

Was it cool enough in the house where it wouldn't have mattered. We couldn't have left anything out overnight when we lived in Florida, but sometimes it's so dang cold in Virginia it wouldn't matter.

Donielle said...

Missy, I'd say no. Plus, Jimmy is super super funny about food and would not have eaten it knowing it was left out. A friend of mine told me that I could have reheated it in the oven and the heat would have killed the bacteria, but one, I already threw it away at that point, and two, I'm not sure I would have trusted that.

Michele said...

I would have been mad to girl...especially since I HATE to cook!

Jamie's Block said...

yeah i hate when that happens.

Wendy said...

We have that happen all the time, one always thinks the other is going to clean up OOPS!

Jenn said...

I know where you're coming from. I don't like to cook either! I would be so mad if that happened to me! Though Josh has left the leftovers of the casserole out before, so I had to cook again the next night.

Judson's Mommy said...

That makes me HOT when that happens. Most of the time I end up going to the refrig to get something to drink in the middle of the night & I will put the food up.

Keri said...

Uggghhh. Poor Donielle - the new kitchen isn't helping you out at all is it?