Thursday, April 9, 2009

Premeditated or not...you be the judge

I was just about to start dinner. Hamburger was thawed out, Leah and I were getting what we needed to make hamburger helper, and I just turned the eye on to heat up the pan, when Jimmy asked what we were cooking. I told him what I was planning and he said he really wanted to cook something on the grill.
*Me*- "Why not cook hamburgers?"
*Him*- "No, the hamburger isn't even thawed out."
*Me*- "Yes it is! It's completely thawed out."
*Him*- "Well, that's not good for making hamburgers. Not that kind. If you could have anything on the grill you want, what would it be?"
*Me*- "BBQ Chicken"

I could tell he definitely didn't want hamburgers so my next choice was chicken. At this point Rebecca had heard the whole story and when she was asked what she wanted she said hamburgers. So he proceeded to go ask the other two girls the same thing.

*Him*- "They all want hamburgers."
*Me*- "Well, then fix them hamburgers and fix us chicken."

So he goes to the store to buy some chicken, and probably wanting to buy some hamburger meat, but I talked him out of that. We had a perfectly good pack at home, thawed out, waiting to be cooked. He returns home with the chicken. I'm in the process of folding laundry and putting it away, so he starts pattying the hamburgers.

*Him*- ***major groans***
*Me*- "What's wrong?"
*Him*- "Nothing." ***more groans*** "Where did you buy this hamburger meat?"
*Me*- "Food Lion."
*Him*- "Well it's not worth a dern."
*Me*- "Well it's fine for the girls."

I'm starting to get the impression from some of those groans that I should have been pattying the hamburgers while he was gone to the store. But hey, I was getting ready to fix dinner and he decided to change the menu, so I decided to let him do it and I would finish laundry. I finished putting away all of the clothes and then started on the sides for dinner. The mac-n-cheese is almost ready and I'm working on the cornbread (which is not going very well) when he walks in the house mad but with a grin on his face.

*Him*- "You'll never believe what I did!"
*Me*- "What?"
*Him*- "I dropped every single one of those hamburgers!"
*Me*- "What???? All of them?"
*Him*- "They were done and I was putting them on the plate to bring in and every one of them slid off the plate. Now Sammy is enjoying them. Must have been all that fat from the hamburger meat that made them slip off the plate."

Are you kidding me? So now I'm getting blamed for them slipping off his plate because I bought the more fatty meat this time. Well OH WELL.....it was on sale!

14 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm so glad this doesn't only happen at my house! LOL I loved this blog!! So, what did the girls eat since Sammy got their hamburgers? We have to buy all of our meat from the Food Center in Conway. CJ won't buy meat anywhere else. It must be a man thing!!! LOL

Mary Lou said...

OK, so I'm dying to know! What did the girls eat?? I say it was all premeditated! I bet they slipped off the plate! With a little tilt of the hand maybe! LOL

Donielle said...

Well, I couldn't cook anything in the oven because we had baked potatoes in there, so I decided to cook eggs and sausage and they had some fruit. They were excited about eating breakfast for dinner!

Judi said...

I bet your husband had something to do with them slipping off. LOL

Mandy said...

HAHAHA...I guess Jimmy showed you...that was some BAD hamburger! lol My inlaws take a cow to the slaughter house about every 6-10 months, so our beef is really lean. I love JJ's meats though! When I lived in Woodland, that is where I bought most of my meats.

Michele said...

Too funny! Don't you just love it when the men folks are in one of their moods!!! Glad the girls were satisfied with their breakfast for dinner! And did y'all eat chicken???

Anonymous said...

I loved what Mary Lou said....although myself would have been happy to have him cook anything...David never cooks anything but steaks on the grill..and since they are so expensive..we hardly ever get any..LOL...I did buy some last night for him to cook for easter...I got a good laugh out of your post though...too funny!

Judson's Mommy said...

I sure hope that he cooked the girls there eggs & sausage! lol Don't you just love when they want to take over the kitchen.

Jamie's Block said...

he really must not have wanted hamburgers that night. i hate to cook hamburgers on the grill with thawed meat, they tend to fall apart on us, so i can feel his pain. so what did the girls eat?

Wendy said...

That is too much drama for dinner girl! LOL

Shrimp on the grill is my favorite!

BJ said...

If he only knew how hard it was for you @ Food Lion last Friday...he would have appreciated that hamburger a little more. I saw you running from the register to get something else and back to the register right in time...they were about finished checking your items. You were sweaty and huffing..Loved the blog.

Dad said...

At least Sammy did not get blamed on the hamburgers falling off the plate. I can see it all very clearly as to how Jimmy just had a slight??!!! tilt to the plate. If it were steaks instead of hamburgers, would that have happened?

Shari said...

I Love this post......too funny!.....we cook on the grill all the time and it seems like Corey is ALWAYS wanting us to cook him something different from us!

Go Figure......

Keri said...

Hilarious! I'd say the hubby had more to do with the burgers falling off the plate than the grease - but you already knew that, didn't you?