Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Why isn't it on the calendar?

This is what Hannah asked me this morning regarding April Fool's Day. I told her it was not a holiday, and not important enough to put on the calendar. So then an email I received a few months ago popped in my head and I shared it with the girls. I thought it was cute. This is the paraphrased version: An athiest went to court to plead his case to the judge. "Judge, it isn't fair that us athiests don't have a holiday. The Christians have Christmas and Easter and we have nothing. That's descrimination!" The judge replied, "But you are wrong. You do have your own holiday." Confused, the athiest said, "We do? I'm not aware of this day. What is it?" The judge says, "In the Bible it says those who don't believe in Jesus are fools. So April 1st is your day!" LOL!! Love it!!

8 comments:

Shari said...

Love it!!!!!!!

Mandy said...

Good one!

Michele said...

I LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

I received that email too..I loved it....it was good you shared it with your girls!!!

Judson's Mommy said...

Good one!

Mary Lou said...

I love it too!!!

Jamie's Block said...

that is tooo funny..lol

Keri said...

Love this - thanks for sharing!