Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Chicken Eggs!!

Through 4-H the girls and I are doing an embryolgy project. They supply everything we need to hatch chicken eggs. Mrs. Ann brought it all yesterday and the girls are so excited. It takes about 21 days for the chicks to hatch, so be looking forward to pictures of the process and the actual chicks when they hatch. This is going to be an awesome lesson for them!

The eggs came in non other than an egg carton! We had to make sure Jimmy didn't make one of his special omelettes with them...lol!
This is the incubator the eggs will stay in until they hatch.



7 comments:

Mary Lou said...

That should be an awesome learning experience for your girls! How exciting!

Kelly said...

I bet the girls are going to really enjoy this! I'm looking forward to the pictures!

Michele said...

I am looking forward to keeping up with this project. I know the girls will have a great time watching over those 21 days.

Mandy said...

Gosh, I am just as excited to see pictures as the girls are to witness it in person I think...lol. Please keep us posted! Thank goodness the eggs didn't end up in an omelet! :o)

Judi said...

What a great experience.

Missy Glave said...

Oh my goodness ... what a fun project!! I can hardly wait to see pictures of the baby chicks.

Anonymous said...

The girls are going to love this...my parents used to do this with their chickens and all the grandkids loved to see the progress...can't wait to see the pictures of the new little chicks.