Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Major Renovations

Jimmy and I bought our house, our first house, a little over seven years ago when Hannah was just a baby. It needed a lot of updates, especially with colors. It's a good solid house, but we're always making plans to do something to make it like we want. But, as I've said, we've been in here for a long time now, and yet to do anything major. The first thing we did was paint because this ENTIRE house was mint green, molding and all! Everything was green, oh, except the bathrooms but they are lemon yellow and some bluish/greenish color (tubs, showers, and sinks match the outdated colors as well). We didn't paint all the rooms, we left the kitchen, dining, and bathroom alone. Our thought was that we would get to it when we could. I always joked that the kitchen made me hungry for mint chocolate chip icecream because of the green colors and black hardware. But the green will be gone soon and a newer, fresher kitchen is waiting for me!!! I'm so excited!!! This is the first big renovation we have done. Jimmy ripped out all of the backsplash and is in the process of ripping out the countertops. I have taken some pics for you. One of the mint chocolate chip colors from before, and a couple of what it looks like this very instant.
In this picture, the top cabinets have already been painted with new hardware installed.

This is what my kitchen looks like right now!!




11 comments:

Judson's Mommy said...

I know it will be very pretty when it's finished.

Michele said...

OH that's soo exciting! I know it's gonna look great and you'll love it! We are slowly updating our house as well...want to do so much and by the time it's all done, we'll be ready to build:-)

Mandy said...

And it is looking good too! I stopped by on my way home today and saw the progress first hand. I can't wait to see if finished. I told Jimmy that I didn't realize he was so handy!

Dad said...

Ok----when your done you can come do my kitchen. You know how much I hate my kitchen. Talk about the 1960's.

Mom

Donielle said...

I cannot wait!!! I think my favorite part is the backsplash, especailly compared to the bright yellow we have (or had) now. Jimmy's a hard worker and I know he will be so proud when it's done.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the new pics. I loved working on our house when we did the addition, and I need to do some more renovations....hhhmmmmm does Jimmy take orders....LOL!!!! Looks good so far, I know you are excited!!!

Keri said...

I hope you enjoy your new fresh kitchen. You'll have to post more pictures once it's done.

Mary Lou said...

I know you are so excited. I want new countertops in my kitchen too, but there's so much other stuff I want too! LOL Decisions! Decisions! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Wendy said...

Hi Donille,
Just thought i would pop in.
Don't you just love updating stuff?
Made your name tag yesterday and emphasized the O in your name.
Can't wait to meet you next week!

Judi said...

What a great project. I can't wait to see the finished product. I am looking forward to meeting you at to blogger blast!

Shari said...

I can't wait to see pictures of your 'new' updated Kitchen......I so want to that at my house.....But....I guess a permanent job will have to come first!