Sunday, March 22, 2009

Leah's 4th Birthday Party

So Friday was the big day, the deadline to be done with the kitchen and to celebrate Leah's 4th birthday. And celebrate we did! Despite all the planning, cleaning, and setting up, I love doing birthday parties for the girls. Because Rebecca's birthday is in the summer, we almost always have a pool party for her. But with Hannah and Leah, you never know how the weather will be so we try to plan something different and fun for indoors or out. This year was no exception. The girls and I checked out some magic books a while back and I thought it would be really neat if we put on a magic show for everyone. So throughout the week we made props like magicians' hats and capes, decorated stars and moons to put on the tablecloth and rigged up a curtain to make it look "real". We also worked on our actual tricks and decorated those as well. The girls wrote down jokes to tell the audience in between each trick. The night before Rebecca told me she was kind of nervous. I guess I would have been too if I was six years old and had to perform in front of so many people! But they did so so good! I was very proud of them. Jimmy and I were so busy doing the "behind the scenes" stuff that I didn't even get any pictures of them with their hats, capes, and wands. But his brother did and said he will send them to me this week sometime, so when I get them I will share. We video taped it, but not with a digital camera. The three girls got up there together and introduced themselves, thanked everyone for coming and then the show began. I had the best time at my sweet Leah's party!
Leah blowing her candles out
I did snatch this one shot of some of the people "patiently" waiting for the show to begin.
Leah opening her presents. She would wait for her sisters to read the cards to her and then open her gifts, most of the time!

6 comments:

Michele said...

Happy Birthday Leah! Looks like you had a FABULOUS birthday! What a neat party with magic!

Mary Lou said...

Happy Birthday Leah! I bet it was really cool to celebrate with a magic show!

Judi said...

happy Birthday Leah!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Leah!!!! What a great idea doing a magic show. I bet it was awesome.

Keri said...

Such a creative, clever mom you are. Sounds like a great birthday party!

Jenn said...

Happ Birthday Leah! Sounds like a lot of fun! Love the cake, we did Hello Kitty for Abbie' 4th as well.