Monday, March 30, 2009

Fieldtrip to the big ol' town of Woodland

Last week our fieldtrip was to the Woodland Police Department and the Woodland Fire Department. Obviously I was the one who headed this trip up since my dad is the chief of police and my husband is the chief of the fire department...lol! I don't know what the kids liked most, lining up to each have a chance turning the sirens on and off the police car or taking a ride in the firetruck. My girls were showing off a bit. They wouldn't leave my dad alone, and before we went to the firehouse they had already made it clear to everyone that they were riding in the front with their daddy. They had a great time though, and my dad, Jimmy, and Chad did a wonderful job.
Our group with my dad in front of his police car

The group with Jimmy and Chad in front of one of the trucks

9 comments:

Michele said...

Looks like the kids had a GREAT time:-)

Jane said...

Kids REALLY enjoy a trip like that! I remember when my kids were little - their faces would "light up" when they saw a firetruck.

Missy Glave said...

What a fun trip!!

It's so great the kids can experience stuff like this.

Everytime we ride by the fire station here we look to see if they have the fire trucks out. Griffin loves to stop by to see them.

Patricia said...

Looks like ya'll had a really fun time. All of the kids look so sweet. I know they all enjoyed it. A field trip is always fun...no matter where you go. Your Dad looks so proud!!!!

Mary Lou said...

What a FUN field trip? And they got to blow the sirens too? Do you arrange play trips for adults too! I'd love to get hold of all the buttons that make the sirens sound off! LOL

Judson's Mommy said...

I know they had fun fun fun!!!!!

Mandy said...

I know Daddy Don had a blast with all those kids. Jimmy and Chad look mighty proud as well! I can pick out the field trip class clown...can anyone else? lol

Kelly said...

Looks like everyone had a great time! I know your girls were sooo proud of their Daddy and Grandaddy!

Keri said...

What a fun day with the kids. I'm sure they had a blast. It's got me thinking - Caleb's been to the fire station, but I bet he would love to see a police car up close!