Monday, March 9, 2009

Prayers needed

First I would like to say thank you for praying for my cousin Jenn. Many of you have been following her blog and know that she has been carrying a little boy they named Matthew and that they were expecting sad results. This weekend she posted that she went into labor at home and was blogging until the contractions were close enough to go to the hospital. Well, on Sunday her mom emailed us to let us know that Matthew was born at 9:40 in the morning and looked beautiful. She said he was put on life support so that they could spend some time with him. They were able to say their goodbyes and get pictures and then he was taken off life support. He lived for about an hour longer before the Lord took him. She said it was very hard. I can't imagine it being anything other. No matter how prepared they were, or thought they were, I can't imagine the pain being any less. I know their hearts must ache, not to mention Jenn's c-section causing physical pain. To go to a hospital to deliver a child you're most certain won't be coming home with you. To have to deal with all of the postpartum issues...hormonal changes, breast milk coming in, baby belly, but no baby. My heart aches for them, and I know you all have been praying so please now pray for strength and emotional healing. Thank you, and I know she would thank you too.

12 comments:

Michele said...

Awww...I just can't imagine what they are going through. I will continue to keep all of them in my prayers.

Wendy said...

Only God can give you the strength for that experience, but she has blogger friends to take up the rest. What a strong woman, prayers will continue for this special person.

Mandy said...

Like Michele, I just can't imagine. Just going through a pregnancy, it just seems so much more surreal. The what if's just play in my mind. I have had Jenn and her family in my prayers when you told us about her and I read her story, so I will continue to channel her more strength.

Judi said...

She has been in my thoughts and prayers. I just even can't imagine what that would be like.

Mary Lou said...

Thanks for the update Donielle. Jenn and Matthew were on my mind all weekend. I can't imagine the pain they're all going through, but I do know that only the Lord can give them the strength they need at this time. They will all be in my prayers.

Judson's Mommy said...

My Prayers are with her family! I can't imagine her pain.

Shari said...

They will continue to be in my prayers......but my heart aches for them....I can't begin to understand the emptiness she must feel!

Kelly said...

I can not imagine. When my Mama was a little girl, her Mother had a baby that passed in the hospital when the baby was born. She said it was the hardest thing to see your Mama come home without the baby. My heart and prayers go out to them!

Anonymous said...

I can't even begin to imagine the pain they are all going through. God will see them through this. I will definately keep them all in my prayers. Thanks for sharing this with us, and for being there for them.

Jamie's Block said...

my hubby has an older sister. but she was still born. her name was anna elizabeth. she would have been 32 this year i think. i can't even begin to imagin losing a baby, heck i can't even imagin not having one at all. they are all in my heart and prayers.

Keri said...

Thank you for the update - I have been thinking of their family and checking the blog. I'm glad they had some time with Matthew. I'll be praying for them.

Anonymous said...

oh my, I cannot even imagine the staggering loss. My prayers that the physical and emotions heal for the family, kisses to little Matthew.