Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'm still here!

I know I've been bad about blogging the last couple of weeks, but I have been so busy. However, I finally have all of my books ordered for school! Yay! I've been pretty stressed about this. There is no special curriculum you have to order. Instead there are tons and tons to choose from, and I don't do well with too many choices. I've spent the last couple of weeks tearing through the internet reading up on all sorts of different curriculums. And last night I ordered the last of our books. I'm pretty excited! I even ordered a book on character education. I think it's vital for my girls to learn the importance of good character. Our classroom is slowly coming along. I'll take a picture when it's done. We have the desks, but two need to be painted. Those two were old school desks from Woodland Olney. Jimmy and I told the girls that these were desks at the school daddy and I went to. They thought that was pretty neat and wondered if they were our actual desks. I wasn't the type to carve my name on desks, so I can't be certain! But I doubt it.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I know getting the books is a big relief to you. You are very fortunate to be able to teach them at home. I am sure you treasure your time with them and they with you. Can't wait to see the classroom pictures. BTW, I went by your house a couple of weeks back and I can tell someone has been really busy in the yard. It looks great and the swing set looks fun!

Kelly said...

We are going to miss your smiling faces soooooo much this school year!!!! We saw Jimmy the other day coming out of Wal-Mart with the three girls and Mama commented on him being a good Daddy. I told her you were going to home school the girls this year and I knew you would do a wonderful job! Good Luck, but I know you don't need it! :)

Donielle said...

Thanks both of ya'll! Jimmy has worked hard on the yard...still have lots more to do. You know how that goes! And yes, I agree...Jimmy is really good with the girls. His nickname is "Superdaddy"! He has them brainwashed that daddy can fix anything!