Thursday, April 10, 2008

Last year for Mommy and Me




Well, my last year in the Mommy and Me class at dance is coming quickly to an end. Mommy and Me is a dance class that starts at the age of two. Since two is pretty young for children to dance alone, the moms (and sometimes dads) take this class with their child for their first year. My very first dance class ever was with my then 2 1/2 year old daughter Hannah (I was 28!). We danced our little hearts out! The next year was my little Rebecca's turn at the tender age two. She turned two right about the time dance started. She was such a calm little dancer. Fast forward three years, and now we have Leah (who just turned 3) and I. We have two recitals each year, and our second for the year is coming in May. Which means I won't be a ballerina anymore with my little girls...at least not an official one. And I don't know if I am happy or sad or maybe just a little of both. I'm happy because this will be the last year I have to go on stage and point posse (sp?) in front of everyone. But I am going to miss the time that I spend in class with my little girl. I wasn't so sad with the first two b/c I knew there was a chance I'd be there again. But this time I know this is it. I think it's more the fact that I know this era of my life is coming to a close, and that is what is making me sad. They are growing way too fast, and I want it to slow down. I need to hang a yellow caution light up to remind me to slow down and just take it all in.

No comments: