Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Cakes & Cookies






OK...so I've been told that I should post some of the cakes I've made recently. I have made a majority of my girls cakes for their birthdays and have loved doing it. But it wasn't until recently that I discovered I might actually be good at it. I still need lots of practice, I must admit, but it's fun making them. My favorite part is the finished product. When I start on a cake I have a certain vision in my head. And while I'm working on the cake, people around me cannot vision the same thing because it hasn't yet come together. But when it's done, everyone can see what I've been seeing all along. I love that part! I've also been doing "cookie bouquets", and these are pretty fun too.

3 comments:

Tina said...

It's about time!! You need to spread your work around.. It'll surely drum up some bsuiness..You're GREAT!!

Michele said...

Hi Donielle! I LOVE your cakes! Shelley showed me your Dorothy for Bentlee's bday party...all I can say is AWESOME!!! You are doing a GREAT job!!! I am going to tell my sister about you for my nephew Tucker's 2nd bday in June...it's going to be a choo choo train themed (NOT Thomas) party! So, you will probably get some more business after I show your stuff off...it's EXCELLENT! Keep up the great work:-) Oh and in case you haven't figured out who I am...I work with Shelley and met you at her baby shower for Rylee and you did some baby announcements for me! And NO I don't have a blog yet, I haven't been quite talked into yet BUT maybe it will eventually happen! However I do LOVE checking out all of y'alls EVERY SINGLE DAY...LOL! Have a great weekend! Can't wait to see a pic of Bentlee's completed cake:-)

Donielle said...

Thank you Michele...and I look forward to seeing your blog one day! :0) Just let me know if your sister is interested and thanks for showing my stuff off.