Thursday, April 24, 2008

Update on Sammy


Well...she seems to be back to normal, chasing away cars and neighbors and wanting to play ball again. Will she ever learn??!! Jimmy ended up having to work over yesterday and is at work this morning, so we haven't taken her to the vet. He told me last night that she has one or two of these a year. How come I didn't know this???? Poor Sammy, she might need to be on anti-seizure medicine. Yesterday, before all of this happend, Leah (whose 3) and Abigail (whose 2) were playing and Leah decided to bite Abigail. (Yes, she is still a bit of a biter) Well, yesterday afternoon on our way to dance, Leah said to Abigail, "Abby, tell your mommy that Sammy is sick." Abby said, "No, I'm going to tell my mommy that you bit me." I thought that was pretty funny. And the day before that, Abby wanted something Leah had and asked for it in a pretty ugly way. So I said to her, "Abigail, how about next time maybe say please." Abby looked at me and said, "Well maybe next time I will." Can you say GROWN???!!!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

We definitely didn't grow up talking back and smartly to our parents or other grown ups. It is strange how times change. Our only hope is that we try our hardest to raise kids that are respectful, but I know it is hard when they see other kids doing things they shouldn't. Even though their comments are so funny most of the time!

Terri said...

Hey Donielle, it's your Aunt. Not sure if I know how to add a comment but I'll try. We had a black lab that had seizures and was on meds for them from the time he was about 2 (lived until 14). The best thing we found to do when he'd have them (yes he still did even on the meds, just not as frequently)was to soak a towel in cold water and put it on his head to cool him down, sometimes laid a big wet beach towel from his head down his body. This and holding him as still as I could seemed to bring down his temp and calm him. He never snapped or growled or anything during these times (or any others actually). Good luck honey!! Give those beautiful smart little girls a hug from me. Love ya!