Friday, January 2, 2009

I'm Back

Thank you all for your words, thoughts, and prayers. We came home yesterday and spent a lot of the day cleaning up, unpacking, and doing laundry. Despite the circumstances, we all had a nice time being together. Jimmy's grandma was a strong woman. She had been in the nursing home for the past 11 years. It was just a few years ago that she became bedridden. And even then, she kept busy popping bubbles and visiting with family that was always there. She's always had a very sharp mind and a funny sense of humor. I have some really good memories of her from when she lived with Jimmy, his mom, and brother years ago. Grandma Bailey (that's my Leah's middle name) had 9 children, 28 grandchildren, 39 great-grandchildren, and 3 great-great-grandchildren!! Isn't that awesome?

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm so sorry to hear of Jimmy's Grandmothers passing! She was 95! Wow, that's amazing! I hope the family is doing okay.

Donielle said...

Thanks, she was actually 94. Two months shy of 95!

Judson's Mommy said...

Glad your back!

Judi said...

I am glad you are make safely. It is not easy to loose someone during the Holidays. I hope I make it in to my 90's.