Monday, December 29, 2008

I'll be out for a few days

Just wanted to let you all know that I will catch up on my blog and everyone else's in a few days. Jimmy's grandma passed away last night so peacefully in the presence of almost all of her children, many grandchildren, and even some great grandchildren. There was so much love in that room. His grandma lived a wonderful 94 (two months shy of 95) years. She has to be one of the strongest women I know. There have been many times when we all thought that her day was coming, but so many times she turned around and surprised us all. Yesterday was a little different. I think we all knew for sure. Please say a prayer for Jimmy's mom and her siblings, as they have spent the last 11 years going to the nursing home EVERY day to feed her and spend time with her. Pray that they will not be lost in the days ahead with not having to go there everyday. Thank you guys! And I'll see you in a few days.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please know we will keep you and Jimmy and all of the family in our prayers. Losing a loved one is never easy especially around the holidays. Much love and prayers are sent your way!

Michele said...

I am so sorry to hear of your family loss, so glad she went peacefully. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary Lou said...

Sorry to hear about Jimmy's grandma especially during this holiday season. I'm sure it's comforting to know she went peacefully while surrounded by the love of her family. All of you will be in my prayers.

Wendy said...

Donielle, I am so sorry to hear about Jimmy's grandmother. You and Jimmy and his family are definitely going to be in our thoughts and prayers. She is with her maker now and you alls guardian angel. If you guys need anything just let us know.

Shari said...

I'm so sorry about Jimmy's grandma...you all will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Judi said...

I am sorry for your loss!! It is never easy to lose a loved one. It is even harder around Christmas Time.

Tina said...

I am SO sorry. The whole family has been faithful in tending to her and visiting. It has been a long road for all of you.

Donielle said...

Thank you guys for your thoughts and prayers. We've come home long enough to get showers and clothes. We probably won't be back until Thursday sometime. Thank you again!

Missy Glave said...

I'm so sorry for your loss ... your family will be in my prayers.