Saturday, December 27, 2008

I just don't know where to begin

So I'll start with the funniest gift I got. I guess I need to give you all a little background info though. As a lot of you know, almost all of my family lives up north. Everyone on my mom's side lives in upstate NY. Starting when I was in elementary school, I would fly to NY and spend every summer there with my Aunt Mary. As I got older, I would only go for a week at a time with my family. My parents use to take us out of school during the winter for a week every year so we could go up there and go skiing. And then we would go in the summers when my Aunt would rent the cottage at the lake. And when I was a junior in highschool, I begged my parents to let me go live with my Aunt Mary and go to school there. I know that sounds crazy, but I really wanted something better than what good ol' Northampton had to offer. So they let me go. Even though I only lasted two months before becoming so homesick I had to come home, I spent a lot of time with my family there. And throughout all of those visits to NY, I formed a good bond with everyone there. And they are CRAZY!! I don't mean loony crazy, I mean funny crazy. So I fit right in! I went every year until Jimmy and I were married (then came children and you know how life goes after that.). Well, the summer that Jimmy and I got engaged I flew up there to visit while my Aunt Mary had the cottage at the lake. I wasn't sure they were going to be there to pick me up (hmmm....you ladies know why, Aunt Mary, Aunt Becky, Aunt Irene...I won't go there), but they made it. My parents and my sister, her husband and my nephew Ryan all came a day or two after me. One night while all of my aunts, uncles, and cousins were all there cooking out, they threw me a surprise wedding shower! BUT, not just any wedding shower. A tacky wedding shower!! It was the BEST! They gave me stuff that people probably wouldn't even buy at a yard sale. Just the story about the shower is a long post in itself, well worth the reading and pictures, but I'll save that for another time. We had such a fun time, and I laughed so hard at all those crazy gifts I'm sure my jaws were hurting. Well that's a little more than a little background on my folks up north. So on to the gift. I received a package in the mail from my dear Aunt Becky (you know, one of the crazy ones like me) with a card I would not dare post a picture of. This summer when we were all at the beach, she had me try on one of her bathing suits from like the 70's (a two piece) and I was also wearing tattoo sleeves and she took a picture. So needless-to-say, that was one funny picture. That picture was on the front of her Christmas card. The inside said she made me a gift this year and was wondering if it would sell on etsy, and oh, by the way "Hope you like what I've chosen for my Christmas cards this year"!!! Then I opened the package and laughed and laughed and laughed some more. Here's a picture:

They're maxipad slippers!!! How practical, right?? I mean, her note said they were hypoallergenic, had nonslip grips, they make your feet smell fresh, and they come in three convenient sizes, light, medium, and get out the sand bags. AND, no more having to bend over to clean up all of those spills my little ones make. I can "slip" them away! I love how decorative they are too. So, do you think they'd sell? heheh!!

8 comments:

Michele said...

Too dagon funny! I can only imagine how long you laughed when you opened that up!

Wendy said...

You never know, they might just sell. That is too funny. I love presents like that. Ones that make you laugh so hard you almost pee your pants.

Mandy said...

OMG...I really needed the laugh this morning! Had a rough night with Mason and his constipation, but we are trying some things and hopefully things will get better! Thank goodness I have ya'lls blogs to brighten my day!

Missy Glave said...

LOL ... I loved reading this blog post!! It gave me a giggle.

Mary Lou said...

That is too funny! My niece, Missy, got a pair of those this year too! Maybe there is a market out there! lol

Anonymous said...

I remember when you went to live in NY with your Aunt...I can see why you love her so much. I love the slippers. I wish I had of thought of that for a gag gift a work....too funny!!!

Shari said...

They are Too funny!

Judi said...

What a funny gag gift. Your Aunt sounds like a lot of fun. She would fit right in around my family.