Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

The day after Thanksgiving, I ventured to Rocky Mount to go shopping...all day. And when I returned, Jimmy and the girls had put up the tree to my surprise. It wasn't decorated, but it was up and the lights were on. So of course, as soon as I came home they were after me to decorate it. And so we did, as tired as I was. They usually do the decorating, with some guidance, but this year, I didn't care what was where. I unwrapped their ornaments and handed them out, and the rest was up the them. I think they did a superb job! The girls learned how to make this icicle at a 4-H workshop, and we've since made a few to go on our tree. Very cute, easy decorations they can make.
Here's our tree. I've always had a real tree up until about three years ago. I would much rather have a real one. This tree is just too slender and soooo not full. If I could find a big, round, full artificial tree then that would be great. But this tree makes me just want to go cut down a real one. But, it'll do....for this year!
Oh, the presents under the tree are gifts that the girls have been making since about September! I have no idea what they are. They'll go in their rooms and hide while making them. They've even wrapped the gifts by themselves!

4 comments:

Judson's Mommy said...

Your tree is so pretty, they did a great job. I would love to know what they have wrapped up for you guys.

Judson's Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Such a sweet tree and love the girls making the presents for you....can't wait til Christmas now to see what they are.

Kelly said...

You have such sweet girls! Be sure to take pictures of everything they made you, so you can share them with us!