Friday, December 12, 2008

Trash Day

Well, today is trash day. And as soon as the truck headed down our street Leah was waiting. I watched from the porch, as I usually do. Today after he wheeled our can back up, he told Leah he had a Christmas gift for her. He gave her $5! She was so so so excited! She ran back inside and told her sisters (who have been plotting on how she should spend it). Then she got a piece of paper, scribbled a little on it, then handed it to me and asked me to write "Thank you" on it. I couldn't beleive it. I saw him handing her money, but I thought it was a dollar, not five! Well, I guess we'll be off to the store after school today.

9 comments:

Mandy said...

Awe...isn't it nice to know there are still nice people in the world.

Anonymous said...

So sweet, see kindness does pay off.

Judson's Mommy said...

Gosh, who is your trash man? I will start sending Judson to the road on friday mornings. LOL

Kelly said...

That is so sweet! I thought about Leah on trash day last week. When I got home, my trash can was in the ditch as usual. I just busted out laughing and said, I need Leah! LOL We must have different trash men! LOL

Michele said...

So nice!!! And I can only imagine how excited Leah was:-) What did you end up getting the trash man for Christmas?

Donielle said...

I haven't yet, I was planning on getting them gift certificates and giving it to them next Friday. Or Leah will rather! I thought about baking them cookies, but Jimmy said that was probably a bad idea because they are around trash all day and they might not want the cookies on the truck.

Mandy said...

Donielle, when I was coming into Woodland on my way home this afternoon, I met the trash truck. I couldn't help myself but to wave at them...lol

Shari said...

That is too sweet......just goes to show that some people remember the reason for the season......I know she must be so excited!

Tina said...

TOO sweet.. I was thinking about your Christmas gift for the Trash guy this weekend.. I knew something special would occur!