Sunday, February 15, 2009

Weekend Recap

Friday morning the girls and I were invited to a friend's birthday party at her school. Joy the clown was a fun surprise for everyone. She was so much fun, and really good with the kids. She had several tricks which she performed, including growing a bunny and making a live bird named Cookie out of cookie ingredients! The kids thought that was great! After her performance she did face painting and made animal balloons for everyone. I think every girl except one chose to be a princess, and every boy chose spiderman. Leah chose to just play with the toys! Below is a picture of the wonderful clown Joy. If anyone is interested in getting her to come to your party, picnic, school, etc., the number is 800-851-4873. The card says they serve NC, VA, and DC.
Rebecca's princess face

Hannah's princess face
After the party I had a few more shirt orders to fill, so off to Murfreesboro we went. My friend Toni (Mary Lou's niece) met us at Los Amigos for lunch. That was a trip!! My girls LOVE Toni, and we had the best time. I'm glad the restaurant wasn't any more packed than it was, because they may have asked us to leave. We were taking silly pictures (hence the blog two below) and laughing so loud...well maybe that was just me! I do have a loud laugh. Toni told Leah that if she could put the lemon in her mouth, bite down on it, and not make a sour mouth face, then she would give her a dollar. Well, she must not have realized how much my girls LOVE money because Leah was all up for that challenge. She put that lemon in her mouth and sat there with her mouth closed...no sour mouth! Toni ended up giving all three of my girls a dollar and of course they went straight to the bubble gum machines.



Friday night the girls and I had some friends come over to play and eat dinner. They really enjoyed themselves. Saturday morning we got up and just hung out until Daddy came home. He brought the girls their Valentine's which they loved. A neighbor's grandaughter came over for most of the afternoon to play, so while they played Jimmy and I cleaned some. Saturday evening my parents came over to babysit while Jimmy and I went out to eat. It was good to spend some alone time with my Valentine. We weren't out late at all. In fact, Hannah was still awake when we got back. Today was church and a big lunch afterwards. Jimmy stayed home with the girls today because he had to go help a friend cut down some trees, and I had to help with the lunch at church. The lunch was great, and we were able to hear the testimony of one of our church members. Him, his wife, and their five kids are leaving Saturday for a three year mission trip! How awesome is that?? I love our church, and I love that my kids love our church! I'm excited to hear updates from this family and see all that God has in store for them. So, that's my weekend....now I need a nap!

7 comments:

Mary Lou said...

Hey! Toni never offers me a dollar to do tricks for her when we eat together! I've got to talk to her about that. Sounds like your weekend was just as hectic as ours. Glad you got to spend some down time with your Valentine too! Keep us updated with the family that's going in the mission field. I'd love to hear how they're doing and where they're serving.

Mandy said...

Yeah, I would probably make such a sour face that I would have had to pay Toni a dollar! I can't handle sour. Looks like ya'll had a great weekend!

Judson's Mommy said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun & busy weekend.

Keri said...

What a fun weekend! I bet you all hated to see Monday come so soon!

Missy Glave said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Donielle!

Jenn said...

Hi Donielle,

Beautiful family, love your blog too! It's nice to get in contact with family, even under the sad circumstances.

Love,
Jenn

Toni said...

I love my Janes, It was such a blast! OK Mary Lou and Mandy I will give ya'll a dollar to, just cant make a face. Thanks for the shirts.