Thursday, May 14, 2009

Test and Cats

First things first....Rebecca finished her end of year tests today and only missed 2 on the whole thing!!!! Woohooo!!! Hannah is testing Monday and Tuesday, so I'll be ready for hers to be over. Now, on to the cat and her one, yes still one, kitten. For the simple fact that we don't know the name of this cat, we just call her Mama. Well, Mama returned to our carport this morning, but without her kitten. Rebecca went out to the shed to see if she could see the kitten and she could so we knew she was at least alive. Mama pretty much stayed in her basket we fixed up and we were worried her baby needed to nurse so Jimmy cut a piece of the flooring out of his shed so we could get to baby. Mama looks pretty sick and she still looks pretty fat too like she still has babies in her. She still is meowing quite a bit, and she wants us to sit right with her. If I get up to go in the house then she gets out of the basket, leaves her kitten and waits for me to come back out. So basically, since Rebecca finished her test this morning, I've been sitting right on the step just comforting Mama. As long as I'm out there with her she will stay with baby, but I can't stay out there all day. I'm not even sure Mama is nursing baby. I guess she must have nursed her some or she probably would have died already. I don't know, like I said I'm not up to date on cats. I just hope they both end up being fine.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Yeah for Rebecca...that is AWESOME! And you are one AWESOME Mom for teaching her well! This cat thing has become very interesting! Hope you don't have to stay out there all night...LOL!

Mary Lou said...

Congratulations Rebecca! I know she's glad her tests are over. Does that mean the school year is over too?

Keep us updated on the cat story. I've never heard such drama with cats! I can't wait to see what happens next!