Thursday, May 14, 2009

Real life or Cujo movie??

Do Not Read if you have a weak stomach!!!

Ok, so the saga continues. Mama has been in the basket next to the steps with baby all evening. Still looking like more babies are in her belly. I just went outside to check on them both. I brought a little flashlight since my porch lightbulb is blown and we haven't found time to fix it yet. I open the porch door and walk down to my usual step and sit down. Then I turn on the light and shine it in the basket. Another kitten!!! I knew she had more in her. Then I noticed. All that was left on it was the top half, from the stomach to the head! Mama cat had eaten the rest! Oh my gosh!!! It was horrible! At first I thought she was just cleaning it, but oh no. She was eating it. Oh my gosh. I guess it was dead and that's just how they dispose of them. Still, I felt like I was in a Cujo movie, for real. I am so glad the girls did not see that!
**Update** Mama just had another one that was dead. Poor Mama.

8 comments:

Dad said...

If there are more kittens inside Mama, they to will be dead. Penny said so. Sounds like Sammy did the right thing the other day with her "snack".

Anonymous said...

I am glad the girls didn't see it either...I bet you almost wish you didn't either..poor Mama cat.

Judi said...

Thats what they do. Poor Momma is right!!

Judi said...

Thats what they do. Poor Momma is right!!

Mary Lou said...

How sad. I'm glad your girls didn't see that and I bet you probably wish you didn't either! Guess that's just another example of nature taking its course.

Judson's Mommy said...

How sad... I am glad the girls did not walk up on that situation. Poor Mama cat.

Michele said...

Awww...how sad! So glad the girls didn't see it...I don't even know how I'd cope w/ something like that.

Jenn said...

Ewww...we had a cat when I was little and a few babies in her litter died. I don't remember what my mom and dad did with them, but I don't think the mom ate them. I've heard of other animals doing that, but I didn't know cats did!