Thursday, May 1, 2008

I need feedback

Ok guys, I know you will be honest and not scared to answer this question...it's about the price of these cakes. I need help! I've told several people that the price would be $1.50/person, but the more I think about it, the more outrageous that seems. When you put it into perspective, if someone needs a cake to serve 50 people and you charge $1.50/person that comes out to $75!! That's a lot! If I charge $1.25/slice that's $62.50. Does that still seem too ourtageous to you? Please be honest...thank you!!

1 comment:

Tina said...

I think you shouldn't do 'by the slice or piece.' I think you should word it: if you need a sheet cake that serves 30 people, it's $xx.xx or if you want a two tiered round cake that feed, x and costs x...on and on.. like that.. and already have a price sheet made up for most shapes and sizes based on what you've already done. Granted AFTER making one, you might see that you should have charged more or less for that particular one, but that's the way it goes..And you've done enough in varying shapes and sizes to about now the time required for each one.. there or about..

and too, I can only imagine the effort and stress that goes into each cake, but remember where you are, and who your customers are.. you don't want to charge too much and deter folks..

So, yes, you asked-- I do think paying $50-60 some odd dollars for a cake is too much. sorry, but you wanted MY opinion.. you know better than to ask me unless you want the BRUTAL opinion that I tend to give! still love ya though.