Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Spelling homework and our southern accents!

Last night Hannah and I were working on her spelling homework. The assignment was to write a sentence with some of her spelling words. The word we were at was "cricket". I said, "Ok Hannah, think of a sentence with the word cricket." Hannah said, "I can't do that." When I asked her why she said she didn't know which one they meant. I didn't understand what she was talking about so I said, "What do you mean you don't know which one? The word is cricket, how many different crickets are there?" She said, "There is two. One means an animal (I'm assuming she meant bug or insect) and the other means something is "cricket" (meaning crooked!!)." I thought I would die!! Just goes to show we deffinitely have southern accents!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

That is too cute. I am much of her opinion...there are two meanings for "cricket"!